Remains of the Pianciani family’s IX century castle are still visible in the estate . It was destroyed in the XV century because of rivalries over the control of the Via della Spina, a major arterial road connecting Rome to the Marche and the Adriatic sea which has been used since Etruscan and ancient Roman times. It is believed Hannibal travelled along the Via della Spina while marching to Spoleto after the Trasimeno battle – as shown in a map exhibited in the Vatican Museums.
In the early XVII century, the Pianciani – among the most important families in Umbria – were granted building permissions for Villa Paradiso to be constructed on some roman and medieval remains. The Villa became one of the family’s summer residences for the following centuries.
Luigi Pianciani fought alongside Mazzini and was the first mayor of Rome after the unification of Italy (1870).
In 1911, once the Pianciani family was extinct, Villa Paradiso and its vast agricultural estate were bought by the Bachetoni Rossi Vaccari family, the present owners.
In 1970, the Villa’s restoration was supervised by the architect Tomaso Buzzi who designed the octagonal opening in the ceiling of the ballroom.
- weekly stays with exclusive use of the Villa and gardens
- can sleep up to 13 people (1 double room, 5 double/twin rooms, 1 single room)
- 5 bathrooms + 2 courtesy bathrooms
- ballroom, 2 drawing rooms, 1 living room
- dining room
- private pool 12x6m. Dressing room, bathroom with shower, external shower
- billiard room
- fully staffed: custodian, gardener, day cleaning, maid/waiter to serve meals, chef, sous chef
- availability for events, weddings and private parties
- House manager daily from 10 AM to 6 PM. Reservations for events, restaurants, excursions.
- Taxes, electricity, water, landline for incoming calls, heating, wood for chimneys, laundry, toiletries and hairdryer in each bathroom
- Daily house cleaning, pool maintenance and gardening, bi-weekly changes of bed-linen, bathroom and pool towels
- Daily breakfast, including Sundays. Biologic products, selection of local cold cuts and cheese, fresh patisserie
- Internet: broadband wifi in the living rooms, pool and garden. Satellite TV, hi-fi system in the living rooms with digital library and playlists
Services on request
- Laundry and personal ironing
- Baby sitting
- Transfer service from and to airports
Spring: medium temperature 11 – 20 °C. Ideal for tourist axcursions, trekking, biking.
Summer: medium temperature 22 °C. Ideal for relax and swimming pool. Tourist axcursions early morning and late afternoon. Dinner “al fresco”.
Autumn: medium temperature 19 – 10 °C. Ideal for tourist axcursions, trekking, biking. Olives harvesting, olive mill in function.
Winter: medium temperature 13 °C. Ideal for tourism. Snow. Fireplace lit up.
For Villa Paradiso please send a request firstname.lastname@example.org
or contact the following numbers: Monica +39 348 780 8803 – Francesco +39 348 475 3333
Rates on request.